This marks the first year of the partnership, with the line-up boasting diverse genres of popular music from the ‘70s, ‘80s, and ‘90s.
Catalina Island Company announces the Catalina Casino Concert Series, held in partnership with Benefit Music, LLC. The concerts kick off on President’s Day Weekend, Saturday, February 15, 2020, and will continue with eight concerts through Saturday, May 16, 2020. Seven shows will take place in the famed Catalina Casino Ballroom, which has hosted numerous performances throughout its nearly century-long history. The season finale, Lost at Sea, takes place at Descanso Beach Club, Catalina Island’s premier beachfront entertainment destination.
Recognized local and national bands will headline the Catalina Casino Concert Series:
- February 15: Tijuana Dogs
- High-energy, multi-faceted rock/dance/party band that plays original songs, as well as ‘90s covers.
- February 16: Catalina’s Gone Country with Brady Seals of LITTLE TEXAS and The Kelly Boyz Band.
- Brady Seals has written numerous hit songs including “God Blessed Texas.”
- February 29: Metalachi and In The End-The Linkin Park Experience
- Metalachi performs well-known rock and metal songs mariachi-style; then sing along to the hits of Linkin Park from In The End-The Linkin Park Experience.
- March 28: Yachty by Nature
- Relive the glory days of the ‘70s and ‘80s with yacht rock… and nautical attire!
- April 11: DSB and TLR
- Journey and Eagles tribute bands.
- April 18: Pato Banton and Grammy-nominated Wailing Souls
- Reggae tunes that invite positive energy.
- May 2: Damage, Inc., Noise Pollution and Seattle’s Best
- Metallica, AC/DC and Seattle’s Grunge tribute bands.
- May 16: Lost at Sea ‘80s Concert at Descanso Beach Club
- Featuring ‘80s legends Flock of Seagulls, Oingo Boingo Former Members, Anabella of Bow Wow Wow and more. The event is hosted by ‘80s legends Richard Blade and Mike Score of Flock of Seagulls.
Each year Benefit Music hosts local concerts around Southern California. This marks the first year with Catalina Island as the concert destination.
“We are thrilled to introduce the concert series to Catalina Island this year. It is a sign of our growing fan base, and the overall wide recognition we are receiving from the Southern California community. With expectations growing each year, we decided the Catalina Casino is the perfect venue to ‘wow’ guests with both sights and sounds,” said Jason Roberts of Benefit Music.
Catalina Casino hosts other annual events such as JazzTrax, a smooth jazz festival; Catalina Island Museum’s Silent Film Showcase and Catalinaland; and components of the Original Catalina Wine Mixer, a music, wine and entertainment event inspired by Step Brothers.
“The iconic Catalina Casino is an ideal venue for a concert series such as this,” said Randy Herrel, president and chief executive officer of Catalina Island Company. “Throughout its nearly century-long history, the Casino has welcomed all kinds of entertainment acts, including jazz and big band artists to present-day DJ, techno and other forms of modern music. This concert series will bring new visitors to Catalina. We anticipate it will be a tremendous success.”
General admission and VIP tickets are on sale now at VisitCatalinaIsland.com and through Eventbrite, from $10 - $75. Some events have a limited number of complimentary tickets available through February 16, 2020.
For additional information on Catalina Island, including where to stay, dine, and shop, go to VisitCatalinaIsland.com.
ABOUT CATALINA ISLAND COMPANY:
This year, the Catalina Island Company is celebrating the centennial anniversary of William Wrigley Jr.’s investment in the island. As the premier resort operator on Catalina Island, the Catalina Island Company provides exceptional guest experiences, with dining establishments, hotels, a beach club, spa, entertainment venues, and more than 20 land and sea activities. The debut of the newly-renovated Hotel Atwater will add to Catalina Island Company’s other Avalon accommodations at Mt Ada and Pavilion Hotel. Other developments made to the island over the years include Descanso, the current location of Descanso Beach Club, Zip Line Eco Tour, Catalina Climbing Wall, Catalina Aerial Adventure and the seasonal Catalina Falconry Experience; Catherine’s Terrace, an oceanfront meeting and event space; and Island Spa Catalina, the island’s only experiential spa. Additionally, the Catalina Island Company oversees the entire village of Two Harbors on the island’s west end, including Harbor Sands, the Banning House Lodge & Villas, Harbor Reef Restaurant, several campgrounds, and more. For additional information, please go to VisitCatalinaIsland.com.
CATALINA ISLAND MEDIA CONTACT:
Senior Director of Marketing & Communications
Catalina Island Company