While it feels like just yesterday we were ringing in the new year at home, spring break is already upon us. Catalina Island, just an hour off the coast of southern California, is an ideal destination where you can stay close to home, but feel far away.
To get the most out of your spring break trip, stay at either Pavilion Hotel, just 14 steps from the beach, or the recently-remodeled Hotel Atwater. Both properties include a daily dining credit, discount on activities and tours, and more.
Here are some of our recommendations for what to do on Catalina Island during spring break:
- Push speeds up to 35 mph on the two-hour exhilarating Zip Line Eco Tour. This is a great family-friendly activity where children aged 5 – 9 can ride tandem with an adult!
- Venture into the backcountry aboard a Biofuel Hummer Tour for a chance to spot a bison. Tours are running with a reduced capacity for social distancing.
- Challenge yourself on the Catalina Aerial Adventure, a high ropes course that’s also a phenomenal work out! It’s appropriate for ages seven and up, and has beginner, intermedia and advanced trails.
- Relax in a chaise lounge or private cabana atop the soft white sand at Descanso Beach Club, just a short stroll past the iconic Catalina Casino. Descanso Beach Club is one of the few places where you can kick back with a drink in your hand and your feet in the sand!
- Hike along some of the island’s 165 miles of pristine hiking trails. Closest to Avalon, visitors can enjoy the Garden to Sky Trail and also visit the Wrigley Memorial & Botanic Gardens. For more of a challenge, the Hermit Gulch Trail begins adjacent to the Hermit Gulch Campground
- Have a true outdoor adventure and camp at one of the island’s five campgrounds. Campgrounds are located near Avalon and its popular visitor attractions, in Two Harbors on the west end of the island and also throughout the island along the 38.5 mile Trans-Catalina Trail.
Our Boat & Hotel Package provides you with your vacation essentials: round-trip boat transportation to Catalina Island and overnight accommodations. Or, if you’re short on time, the Ship & Zip Day Trip Package is a great alternative with round-trip boat transportation and the Zip Line Eco Tour.