Life-Sized Holiday Gingerbread House
Stop by the arcade at the Shops at Atwater, home of Ben's Bakery and the post office, and view our giant Gingerbread House
- The gingerbread took five days to make. Over 120, 18x24 pieces were made.
- The 18x24 gingerbread pieces were cut into 360 pieces to create the siding.
- The gingerbread pieces weigh about 800 pounds. 130 pounds is just honey.
- The gingerbread contains a molasses stain that gives the dough a nice sheen and helps it to last longer.
- The icing is made from egg whites and powdered sugar.
- Over 200 pounds of powdered sugar was used and about 600 egg whites.
- 100 pounds of candy was used to decorate the gingerbread house.
- The house measures 6 feet x 8 feet and is 9 feet tall.
- Volunteers assembled and decorated the house over 4 days.