Saturday, May 27, 2017
Two Harbors Safari Bus Driver
This is a full time position with a schedule of 32-40 hours per week. This position may begin as soon as April 1 and end as late as November 5.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Safari Bus Driver will function as the primary operator of a multi passenger van shuttling guests to various locations on the island. The position requires the ability to load and unload luggage into the van. This position will also occasionally require providing front desk office assistance in the Visitor Services Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to safely drive a multi passenger van strictly following all rules, laws and operating procedures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Excellence in a high paced customer service environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate follow-through within a timely manner
- Very effective organizational skills with attention to detail
- Effective listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
1. Safari Bus Services
Safely operate a multi passenger van shuttling guests to various locations on the island
- Must have a class B license with passenger endorsement for 15 passengers
- Assist guests in lifting and loading luggage
- Maintain a tight and consistent schedule as assigned
- Coordinate multiple runs with other drivers to ensure timely pick up and drop off of charters
- Occasionally collect bus fares or collateral as needed
- Daily vehicle maintenance including cleaning of both interior and exterior as well as submit daily inspection reports to vehicle maintenance team
- Consistent communication and coordination with office team and campground rangers
2. Guest Services
Assisting guests with travel and island transportation plans in a pleasant and patient manner
- Assist with general guest inquiries
- Assist in handling USPS general delivery for residents and lost and found
- General problem solving and decision making for overall guest satisfaction
The Safari Bus driver may spend long hours driving on unpaved scenic roads to various locations on the island. This position occasionally comes in close proximity to island wildlife and must use good judgment for the safety of both the passengers as well as the animals in these situations. This position requires some lifting of moderately heavy luggage and materials on a daily basis. This person is faced with constant close proximity to island guests and must show attention to others on a regular basis.
This position is located in Two Harbors on Catalina Island just off the coast of Los Angeles. Seasonal housing assistance is provided. Please send application, cover letter and resume to Morgan Driggs, firstname.lastname@example.org.