The Catalina Island Company is seeking a Steward for our hotel property. This person will be responsible for maintaining the kitchen area and ensuring all equipment is in working order.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Washing all pots and pans, dishware, glassware and silverware storing in designated areas
- Sweeping, mopping and detail cleaning of floors, walls, shelving and all back of the house areas
- Detailed cleaning of all ovens, warmers, deep fryers, grills, flat tops, cambros and portable grilling equipment
- Inspecting all chemicals in sanitizer buckets, dish machines and compartment sinks according to Health regulations
- Inspecting all thermometers in refrigerators and freezers for proper temperatures each shift
- All garbage and recycling refuse and cleaning of all garbage cans
- Ensuring all breakages and chipped items are taken out of circulation and inventoried
- Ensuring all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
- Following all county health dept. regulations, department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Must be organized
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a comfort level driving a company vehicle up to 1-ton
- Serve Safe Certificate
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a High School/GED diploma
- Must have previous experience in a fast-paced restaurant or luxury resort hotel
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to climb and balance
- Must be able to kneel, stoop and bend
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear to clearly communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.