The Catalina Island Company is seeking a seasonal servers for Descanso Beach Club. Individuals can expect to start work in April 2018 and must either live on or relocate to the island.The incumbent is responsible for accurate taking of orders, fulfillment of orders and exhibiting above average guest relation skills.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Being knowledgeable of all menu items.
- Taking cocktail and food orders
- Accurately enter orders into the P.O.S. system
- Transferring food/cocktails to tray from hot and cold stations
- Serves guests in a timely fashion
- Provides attentive service at all times, removing soiled dishes after each course
- Offers dessert, coffee or after dinner drinks
- Maintains cleanliness of all dining and service areas
- Helps restock all linen, china, silverware and glassware
- Restocks and refills condiments, etc.
- Work with team to maintain high quality standards and deliver exceptional service consistently.
- Create and maintain a positive, energizing work environment.
- Maintain safe working conditions and ensure safe work practices are followed to avoid accidents/injuries. Ensure health and safety policies are adhered to at all times.
- Work with managers and other team members to support sales promotions.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work, colleagues and interface with guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Be knowledgeable on the Company’s activities and various venues in order to recommend and/or upsell
- Must have a strong passion for exemplary customer service both internal and external
- Must have a can-do attitude
- Serve Safe Certificate
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year Food & Beverage experience in an upscale restaurant or high end resort
- Must have working knowledge of Micros Point of Sale system or similar program
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear to clearly communicate with Managers, coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match,nvacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and
Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to
be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other
instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.