The Catalina Island Company has an opening for a Part-Time, Seasonal Security position for Descanso Beach Club and the Catalina Casino.
The incumbent is responsible for monitoring and controlling outdoor property and buildings with a primary focus on the safety of guests and employees.
- Arrive to work as scheduled, in uniform and prepared to work. Clock-in and wash your hands.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal and professional conduct with managers, coworkers and customers.
- Comply with ABC regulations and company policies and procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate a fundamental respect for our diversity, treating each other and our customers with respect.
- Demonstrate the behaviors and level of service appropriate for the restaurant.
- Effectively handle customer requests and recognize when to refer a customer concern to a manager.
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist other members of the team, as needed
The incumbent must:
- Patrol assigned property to prevent vandalism or theft and to identify possible hazards that may endanger employees and guests.
- Periodically walk among guests and employees to maintain order and protect the property and equipment.
- Communicate by two-way radio with manager on duty and employees.
- Regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic to maintain an orderly flow.
- Inform guests of policies when it appears they may be in violation of laws, regulations and posted notices.
- Recognize signs when a guest may be under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
- Handle stressful situations with tact and professionalism, using force when necessary.
- Notify manager on duty or contact the Sheriff Department directly when an emergency situation occurs.
- Assist with documentation of incidents that occur on company property.
- Must possess critical thinking and be able to problem solve
- Must be well organized
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a High School/GED diploma
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write comprehensive incident reports and be able to communicate effectively through written or verbal communication. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, push and pull on a regular basis.
- Must have full range of overhead motions and full hand dexterity.
- Requires visual acuity and the ability to hear clearly in an outdoor environment in order to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
This position offers discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.