Safari Bus Driver
The Catalina Island Company is a seeking a part-time seasonal Safari Bus driver for Two Harbors. The position start day will be in May.
The primary function of the Safari Bus Driver will be the primary operator of a multi passenger van shuttling guests to various locations on the island.
The Safari Bus driver may spend long hours driving on unpaved scenic roads to various locations on the island. This position occasionally comes in close proximity to island wildlife and must use good judgment for the safety of both the passengers as well as the animals in these situations. This position requires some lifting of moderately heavy luggage and materials on a daily basis. This person is faced with constant close proximity to island guests and must show attention to others on a regular basis.
Safely operate a multi passenger van shuttling guests to various locations on the island
- Must have a class B license with passenger endorsement for 15 passengers
- Assist guests in lifting and loading luggage
- Maintain a tight and consistent schedule as assigned
- Coordinate multiple runs with other drivers to ensure timely pick up and drop off of charters
- Occasionally collect bus fares or collateral as needed
- Daily vehicle maintenance including cleaning of both interior and exterior as well as submit daily inspection reports to vehicle maintenance team
- Consistent communication and coordination with office team and campground rangers
Assisting guests with travel and island transportation plans in a pleasant and patient manner
- Assist with general guest inquiries
- Assist in handling USPS general delivery for residents and lost and found
- General problem solving and decision making for overall guest satisfaction
- Ability to safely drive a multi passenger van strictly following all rules, laws and operating procedures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Excellence in a high paced customer service environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate follow-through within a timely manner
- Very effective organizational skills with attention to detail
- Effective listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
Education and/or Experience:
- High School/GED Diploma
- Must have a Class B license with passenger endorsement.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Must be able to sit, walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. of luggage and materials on a daily basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, push and pull on a regular basis.
- Must have full range of overhead motions and full hand dexterity.
- Requires visual acuity and the ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.