The Catalina Island Company is seeking full & part time housekeepers for our Descanso Beach Club operation.
REPORTS TO: Descanso Beach Club General Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time & Part Time
LOCATION: Avalon, CA
The incumbent is responsible for cleaning of all Descanso Beach restrooms on property. Carries out Housekeeping responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Clean and maintain all restroom and changing rooms on property
- Maintain restroom supplies
- Check all equipment in rest rooms to ensure everything is in proper working order
- Responsible for lost and found items left in rest rooms and changing rooms.
- Must be well organized and able to work independently
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with a variety of different cleaning agents and understand their uses and safety procedures
- Must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience:
Must possess a High School/GED diploma
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to kneel, crouch, stoop and bend
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
- Must be able to lift 30+ lbs.
This position offers a highly competitive salary with health, dental, life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.