The Catalina Island Company is seeking a full time seasonal Harbor Patrol person for our Two Harbors operation. The Harbor Patrolman is responsible for assigning and facilitating the use of moorings within the Two Harbors tideland areas.
The Harbor Patrolman is responsible for assigning moorings, fee collection, maintaining records, and assisting the general public. Harbor Patrolmen duties may include the transportation of passengers, baggage, trash, and commercial towing assistance, if licensed. Must respond to radio calls in a friendly manner and be proficient in use of computers.
- Boat handling experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Live aboard preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- Valid USCG Ocean Operators (Six Pack) or US Coast Guard 25, 50 or 100 Ton Near Coastal License preferred
- Must be computer proficient utilizing a program specific called Net Moorings (reservation system) and be able to operate a IPad
- High School/GED diploma
Ability to effectively communicate via VHF radio, with customers, and the general public.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Visual acuity and ability to hear to clearly communicate to managers, coworkers and guests
- Must be able to stand to operate vessels.
- Assist guests with baggage – be able to lift up to 30+ lbs. on occasion
- Required to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to withstand varying open ocean conditions
- Drug Screen and background check
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Must have finder to hand dexterity, ability to grasp controls, throw a line and secure boat to moorings
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.