REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time & Part Time
LOCATION: Avalon, CA
The incumbent is responsible for all guest baggage under the hotel’s care as well as light maintenance duties in guest rooms.
- The incumbent is responsible for:
- Light maintenance of the lobby, grounds, bathrooms and shower rooms
- Staff the checkrooms of the hotel
- Runs errands for the front desk
- Responsible for beach towel procedures and inventories
- Gives local area information
- Carries out bellman responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinate baggage transfer from Cabrillo Mole and hotel and vice versa.
- Custodial duties which include the lobby, public bathrooms and showers, hallways and grounds.
- Maintains beach towel inventories and distribution to hotel guests.
- Provides local area information to our in-house guests and the general public.
- Does not leave the checkroom unattended during shift.
- Responsible for guest baggage checked into checkroom.
- Runs errands for front desk clerks
- Sorts and delivers baggage for group check-ins, and also pulls bags from group rooms for delivery to Cabrillo Mole at check out.
- Must be very organized – ability to organize and maintain files and retrieve information from files
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail
- Must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Must possess a High School/GED diploma
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to reach with arms and hands
- Must have finger to hand, hands dexterity and feel objects, tools or controls
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.