Saturday, May 27, 2017
Bartender - Banquets
REPORTS TO: Banquet Director
JOB TYPE: Part Time, On-Call
LOCATION: Avalon, CA
The incumbent is responsible for preparing and serving alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages to our bar and restaurant guests and providing exceptional service while creating a memorable guest experience.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes
- Ensure correctness of orders and payments entered into Micros
- Responsible for maintaining work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Maintaining adequate stock and replenishes bar and shelves as needed, including ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area
- Assisting with inventory of beverages and products on a weekly and month end schedule
- Ensuring the bar procedures and standards are maintained to Company policy and standards
- Must possess knowledge of the various types of wine, spirits and beer
- Prepares garnishes for mixed drinks and may premix drinks on a daily basis
- Assists fellow co-workers in delivering beverages and service to guests
- Support special events and promotions to enhance sales
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts and secure bank
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager and complete safety training and certifications
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals.
- Responsible to set up, serve and tear down our satellite bars throughout our numerous Banquet venues
- Two years previous Hospitality experience.
- Must possess mathematical skills in order to calculate payment and discounts
- Must be energetic, service-oriented with a positive attitude who enjoys working with a variety of guests, co-workers and management
- Understanding of ABC Law (Alcoholic Beverage Control)
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Exceptional cash handling skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Hospitality degree or two (2) years experience in a fast paced environment preferably in an upscale restaurant or hotel
- Bartender Certificate
- Serve Safe Certificate
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to kneel, crouch and bend
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. comfortably
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.