Saturday, May 27, 2017
REPORTS TO: Banquet Director
JOB TYPE: Full-time & Part-time
LOCATION: Avalon, CA
The incumbent is responsible for of creating a fresh and inviting atmosphere for guests by making sure all areas of the banquet facilities are clean.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Daily checking of events scheduled, floor plans for the event and set up tables and chairs beforehand
- Assist with any kind of set up that takes place for a scheduled event (tables, chairs, food stations, etc.)
- Ensure all equipment in banquet & meetings rooms is in proper working order
- Cleaning common areas such as banquet & meeting rooms, public areas including patios, hallways and restrooms
- Sort and count linens for delivery to laundry
- Sort and count linens delivered by laundry
- Light room maintenance duties such as painting, window cleaning, carpet shampooing may be required
- Tearing down tables, chairs, etc after events
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning supplies and techniques
- Awareness of safety precautions for working with cleaning agents
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and as a team member
- Promoting a positive atmosphere to guests and professional interaction with the guests is key
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience in a hotel setting preferred but not essential
- High School/GED diploma preferred
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear to clearly communicate with managers, coworkers, guests and vendors
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to reach with arms and hands
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must have finger to hand dexterity to be able to grip, grasp items or equipment
This position offers a highly competitive salary with health, dental, life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits along with discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.