The Catalina Island Company is seeking full time and part time bartenders.
The incumbent is responsible for preparing and serving alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages to our bar and restaurant guests and providing exceptional service while creating a memorable guest experience.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Preparing and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes
- Ensuring correctness of orders and payments entered into Micros
- Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Maintaining adequate stock and replenishes bar and shelves as needed, including ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Removing soiled wares from bar top and tables and placing in designated area
- Assisting with inventory of beverages and products on a weekly and month end schedule
- Ensuring the bar procedures and standards are maintained to Company policy and standards
- Possessing knowledge of the various types of wine, spirits and beer
- Preparing garnishes for mixed drinks and may premix drinks on a daily basis
- Assisting fellow co-workers in delivering beverages and service to guests
- Supporting special events and promotions to enhance sales
- Counting bank at end of shift, completing designated cashier reports, resolving any discrepancies, dropping off receipts and secure bank
- Following all company and safety and security policies and procedures; reporting accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager and completing safety training and certifications
- Ensuring uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others, supporting team to reach common goals.
- Two years previous Hospitality experience.
- Must possess mathematical skills in order to calculate payment and discounts
- Must be energetic, service-oriented with a positive attitude who enjoys working with a variety of guests, co-workers and management
- Understanding of ABC Law (Alcoholic Beverage Control)
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Exceptional cash handling skills
- Serve Safe Certificate
- Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Certificate
- Education and/or Experience:
- Hospitality degree or two (2) years experience in a fast paced environment preferably in an upscale restaurant or hotel
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to kneel, crouch and bend
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. comfortably
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.