The Catalina Island Company is seeking an Activity Sales Lead for our Avalon, CA location.
The incumbent’s primary focus will be on-island penetration of Catalina Island Company’s owned and outside sales outlet opportunities (Activities, hotels, restaurants, shops, etc.) and supervision of on island Activity Sales Agents for resort.
The incumbent is responsible to:
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times
- Approve and coordinate all Sales and Ticketing Agent Best Practices
- Perform weekly administrative duties with Expedia, Whistle and other marketing applications
- Actively participate in Hotel staff and departmental lineup meetings as needed
- Ensure activities sales team is directed and is motivated on a daily basis
- Communicate with Department Directors, Managers, Lodging GM’s, F& B Managers, Front Desk Managers and various partners to maximize revenue opportunities
- Establish and maintain aggressive sales presence at multiple distribution locations
- Book, facilitate & coordinate groups in concert with the Group Sales Department
- Perform a variety of public relations functions in order to develop, maintain and improve relations with the local business and mainland travel industry partners and customers. Represent Catalina Island Company at various functions.
- This individual reports to VP of Activity Sales, secondary support and direction from SVP of Sales and Marketing
- General supervision of one or more departments through subordinate supervisors
- Sets staffing needs
- Formulate general departmental policies and procedures
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be able to travel in and out of state as required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to motivate, manage and oversee a diverse workforce
- Must possess Valid Driver’s License
- Must be computer savvy and have working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products as well as have the aptitude to learn additional software programs
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of recreation, marketing, business, resort, sales, etc. is preferred
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in group sales, tour operator sales and international sales is preferred
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, push and pull on a regular basis.
- Must have full range of overhead motions and full hand dexterity.
- Requires visual acuity and the ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.