The Catalina Island Company is seeking an Activity Sales Agent for the Mainland and Island Locations.
The incumbent’s primary focus will be selling activity department products (Land & Sea Tours, Descanso Canyon Activities and partner activities) and/or perform similar sales tasks within other Catalina Island Company divisions; to provide customers with resort information and excellent customer service. Mainland outlets include: San Pedro, CCL embarkation, Long Beach, Newport Beach and Dana Point. Island outlets include: Avalon and Two Harbors.
The incumbent is responsible to:
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times
- Ability to approach clients and potential guests and offer suggestions and information on current promotions
- Cross sell all company assets in an engaging manor
- Sell commissionable outside company products. (Golf carts, parasail etc.)
- Meet and exceed target revenue goals and promotional targets
- Perform and attend sales promotional events on island and mainland
- Carry out opening tasks, including handling cash and ticket stock from cash room, checking and setting up cash and ticket stock for ticket booth, pre-punching tickets if necessary
- Sell tickets to customers, including preprinted and/or computer-generated tickets, collect payment and return correct change
- Answer customer questions and provide information on products and ticket options: quote prices, explain special terms and conditions. Provide general information about the island
- Effectively handle customer issues and special requests. Explain refund policy. Refer customer issues to supervisor when necessary
- Complete all necessary administrative reports/logs. Maintain records related to ticket sales. Count cash receipts
- Assist in general cleanup and maintenance of ticket booth or other sales and recreation areas
- Moderation supervision is received from Lead Sales Agent or other senior staff members
- Direction received from VP Activity Sales
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Must possess Valid Driver’s License
- Basic reading and math skills, must be able to add, subtract, divide, multiple and calculate discounts and percentages
- Previous sales experience required
- Previous experience in customer service required
- Ability to work under pressure of high customer volume
- Aptitude for learning how to operate computerized ticket system
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must possess a clean and professional appearance and hygiene
Education and/or Experience:
- High School/GED Diploma plus
- One (1) year of relevant experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, stretch, push and pull on a regular basis.
- Must have full range of overhead motions and full hand dexterity.
- Requires visual acuity and the ability to hear clearly to communicate with managers, coworkers and guests
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.