The Catalina Island Company is seeking an Activity Sales Agent for our Long Beach, CA location.
The Activity Sales Agent is responsible for promoting sales of our various tourist attractions and venues and processing all ticketing transactions. In order to be considered for this role, you will have a strong passion for exemplary customer service and a desire to create a memorable experience for our customers.
- Promote sales
- Process all ticketing transactions for our various tourist attractions utilizing a computerized system
- Provide customers updated information on tourist attractions and schedule their tours
- Answer general questions about island activities, including dining, hotels and utilize cross-selling techniques to promote our other venues
- Work with team members to maintain high quality standards and deliver exceptional service consistently
- Create and maintain a positive, energizing work environment
- Maintain safe working conditions and ensure safe work practices are followed to avoid accidents/injuries. Ensure health and safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Work with managers and other team members to support marketing and sales promotions
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work, colleagues and interface with guests in a congenial and polite manner
- Must possess attention to detail, positive attitude, oral and written communication skills and solid decision-making skills
- Must have a strong passion for exemplary customer service both internal and external.
- Minimum of 1 year in a sales environment.
- Experience in fast-paced administrative environment in a hospitality setting preferred
Ability to present yourself in a clear and articulate manner, read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear to clearly communicate with managers and coworkers.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
We offer a highly competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits for all Full Time regular positions. Both Full Time and Part Time positions receive discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.