8 More Ways to Have Fun Together on Catalina Island
Only an hour away by high speed ferry, Catalina Island is one of Southern California’s most family-friendly getaway destinations, offering dozens of activities and adventures for all ages.
- Soar Across a Rugged Canyon - Get together for two hours of over-the-top excitement. Zip Line Eco Tour propels you down five separate lines over 300 feet high at speeds up to 30 mph.
- Grab a Bite by the Sea - Take a short stroll along the waterfront past the Catalina Casino to Avalon's only beachside restaurant and bar, serving signature favorites with stunning ocean views.
- Walk on the Wild Side - Pack a lunch and take a hike together along miles of trails offering incredible views of Catalina's rugged canyons, beautiful shores and pristine wilderness.
- Take a Tour Through Time - Experience Catalina Casino's rich history, from the first theatre built for talking pictures, to the architectural marvel of the world's largest circular ballroom.
- Search for Bison Outback - Hit the road for an inland expedition along a 19th century stagecoach route through a native plant nursery, bald eagle habitat and favorite grazing spots of Catalina Bison.
- See What You Can Sea - Climb aboard for an undersea journey into Catalina's protected marine preserve. Keep an eye out for the lobster and abalone tucked among the rocks below.
- Grab a Cart and Go Exploring - With so many fun things to see and do, you might consider renting a golf cart and creating your own custom tour of Avalon.
- Set a Course for Family Fun - Among the world's most challenging mini-golf courses, Golf Gardens has been an ideal spot for family fun for nearly 40 years.