Zipline Base Camp (Part-Time/Seasonal)
Under supervision of the Director of Descanso Canyon Activities, in accordance with the mission and vision of the Company, provides safe, informative and practical assistance for all customers. The main function, in addition to ensuring proper care of customer needs, is to create a professional and welcoming experience that each customer will remember and talk about for many years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Zip Line Base Camp employee is responsible for, but not limited to, the following essential duties:
- Use customer engagement skills to ensure a memorable experience for each guest.
- Assure the safety and wellbeing of guests and employees at base camp.
- Monitor base camp radio and coordinate services to make sure all employee and guest needs are fulfilled.
- Educate guests about Santa Catalina Island and its many activities.
- Prep, clean and store course components and gear.
- Ensure base camp area is clean, safe and well-maintained.
- Appropriately respond to and handle emergency situations.
- Support other department staff members as needed.
- Assist with property maintenance efforts.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
1. Check In Duties
a. Welcomes approaching customers enthusiastically.
b. Assists with tour check-ins, operates reservation and activity waiver software.
c. Directs customers towards other basecamp amenities and waiting areas.
2. Register Duties
a. Welcomes and assists customers with lockers, shoe rentals, and other necessities.
b. Operates tix.com software for all retail and reservation purchases.
c. Emails purchased pictures to customers and responds via email to inquiries.
d. Understands and operates Picsolve software and printing hardware.
3. Climbing Wall Duties
a. Daily inspection, opening and closing procedures of climbing wall and safety equipment.
b. Fit harnesses and helmets correctly and supervise the use of all safety equipment.
c. Assure the safety and wellbeing of each guest throughout each climb.
d. Perform climbing rescues or retrievals when necessary.
e. Assist other Zipline personnel when climbing wall is unattended.
Email applications to email@example.com
or stop by the Catalina Zip Line Base Camp at Descanso Beach Club.