Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Senior Meeting & Events Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Meeting & Events Manager to start immediately. This position will report to the Director of Sales. This is a full time, year round position including weekends and evenings when appropriate. The individual will manage in totality all group events coming to our facilities. Works independently with all resort operating departments to execute all aspects of Social and Meeting contracted groups. This position would manage a variety of small and large events while providing exceptional guest satisfaction. During non-peak, conducts independent sales activities as directed to generate incremental business for the resort. Beautiful Catalina Island is located 26 miles off the coast of Los Angeles County.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential and other important responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform Group Services projects such as assist with Banquet Menu development, Audio Visual, BEO and Meeting Room Set Up coordination and various other Group Services projects as warranted.
- Source vendors for meeting services not in inventory.
- Chairs the weekly BEO meeting and ensures prompt and timely distribution of BEO packet and 10 day catering schedule.
- Generate incremental revenue, be financial savvy
- Conduct or assist with client site inspections.
- Interface with clients to answer questions or assist staff with communications between resort and clientele.
- Writing creative proposals and ensure timely 24 hour response time
- Act as customer advocate regarding all aspects of Group Contracts to include but not limited to Programs and Activities, Banquets, On Own Dining, Front Office, Transportation, Spa and miscellaneous resort services.
- Assist sales team in coordinating in-market sales trips.
- Assist with setting up of meeting rooms when needed.
- Networking and relationship building for lead generation.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and knowledge of current catering and conference trends. .
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management to effectively convey ideas in both verbal and written format
- Ability to project a positive and professional demeanor and approach, reflective of SCICO’s image and values
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous follow-up
- Ability for appropriate decision-making and problem-solving, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience
- Flexibility and adaptability to effectively handle stress and matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment
- Exceptional computer skills, with intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. PMS system knowledge as well as Sales and Catering software (OPERA) is desired
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, Tourism Development or a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Meeting or Events Manager with a proven track record of success
- In order to be considered for this role you will have a total of 6 years experience in Food & Beverage where 2 years of it will be in a management role in a quality Food and Beverage Operation or Hotel
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended hours.
- Must be able to lift between 15 and 20 lbs. occasionally.
This position offers a highly competitive salary with health, dental, life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits along with discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
If you want to work for a dynamic, growing Company, please email resume to: email@example.com. Physical address is 150 Metropole Avenue, Avalon, Ca. 90704 (Human Resources Department)