Monday, February 3, 2014
TITLE: Retail Sales Cart
REPORTS TO: Retail Manager
The retail salesperson is to serve customers by helping them select products & also acts as cashier.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain records related to sales.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Place special orders or call other locations to find desired items.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Clean shelves, counters, and surrounding area.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase or rental.
- Sell or arrange for delivery, insurance, financing, or service contracts for merchandise.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items.
- Advises customers by providing information on products.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Documents sale by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing checks, cash and store or other credit cards.
- Local Island knowledge. Ability to answer tours questions; direct guest to desired locations.
- Minimal stocking duties with regular inventory.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prior Retail Experience
- Customer Service
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Product Knowledge,
- People Skills
- Energy Level
- General Math Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Job Knowledge
- Local knowledge