Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Restaurant Manager - Avalon Grille
Avalon Grille, is the signature restaurant in the companies F&B portfolio. This waterfront restaurant features American regional dishes with a seasonal approach, paired with a world class selection of wines, micro-brew beers and cocktails in a casual and fun "al fresco" atmosphere overlooking Avalon Bay. This outlet has elevated the quality of food, beverage and service on the island. Every weekend the restaurant and bar transforms into an elegant cocktail lounge offering superb cocktails with live music from an international DJ.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated restaurant manager for this popular high quality restaurant and bar. The main purpose of this role is to assist the general manager with the seamless running of this highly popular operation. You will also ensure that efficient and effective service is consistently delivered in a warm and hospitable manner. You will be expected to support the F&B Management with their P&L responsibility for the outlet, ensuring sales are maximized, margin and profit targets are achieved and statutory requirements are met. Training seasonal employees and ensuring standards are followed is imperative with this management position.
- Ensure maximum revenue is achieved from all sales opportunities and profit is maximized.
- Monitor weekly food, beverage and wage costs.
- Oversee the recruitment of new employees.
- Ensure that effective training is conducted within the outlet.
- Support and give guidance to the rest of the outlet’s staff.
- Responsible for all health and safety within the outlet and ensure the Company H&S policy is adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for all risk assessments within the outlet.
- Ensure that the team is aware of their responsibility in respect of prevention and action in the event of fire in accordance with the outlet fire plan and current legislation.
- Be fully conversant with current legislation and licensing laws ensuring that this is communicated throughout the outlet.
- Ensure that the team has excellent product knowledge and are able to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Assist in completing the required daily & weekly reports.
- Participate in regular food tastings and in conjunction with the Head Chef ensure that the food offer is of a consistently high standard.
- Ensure that regular in-house training is offered to all staff on the products on offer in the outlet and also throughout the company.
- Help to recruit, lead, motivate and retain their team.
- Any ad hoc duties as needed.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a total of 5 years experience in food & beverage where 2 years of it will be in a management role in a quality food and beverage operation or hotel. You must also have a proven track record in working your way up to the current position.
It is also essential that candidates have strong administration and management skills, has the ability to up sell and train colleagues, very hands on and supportive in achieving the common team goals. Candidates must be well versed in financial aspects and knowledgeable in Micros point of sale system. A diploma or degree in hotel management or business is desirable along with international travel experience.
This position offers a highly competitive salary with health, dental, life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits along with discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and free activity tours.