Tuesday, April 19, 2016
DEPARTMENT: Pastry Kitchen
REPORTS TO: Pastry Chef / Assistant Pastry Chef
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING OF SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to acquire knowledge in basic pastry techniques. Basic understanding of sanitation and safety knowledge. Basic knife handling skills. Clean and organized work habits. Ability to produce quality on a consistent basis. No previous experience required however, recommended.
1. Maintain 100% quality food production at all times.
2. Meeting timing of food items as required by guest/supervisor.
3. Proper communication with supervisors and co-workers.
4. Maintaining, organizing and rotating inventory.
5. Maintain clean and safe working area including refrigeration.
6. Adhere to all safety and sanitation regulations.
7. Maintain and project a positive attitude.
1. Able to comply with other tasks assigned by management.
1. Ability to lift and/or carry 60lbs continuously throughout shift.
2. Ability to push cart up to 500lbs
3. Ability to pull cart up to 100lbs
Percentage of time during normal workday the associate is required to:
Stand - 90%, Bend - 7%, Squat - 5%, Push - 5%, Walk -15%, Lift - 10%, Pull - 3%, Carry - 5%
Remembering, reading, writing, speaking, communicating, uses judgment and visual inspection.
Speech, vision, smell, touch, hear.
Worker may be exposed to heat, cold, noise, weather, air quality, cleaning chemicals and agents.
EQUIPMENT/PROTECTIVE CLOTHING USED:
Knives, blenders, stoves, ovens, mixers. Chefs uniform, rubber gloves provided and non-skid black shoes.
- Job functions are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the associate will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each task proficiently.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor.