Thursday, February 16, 2017
Marketing & PR Coordinator
The Santa Catalina Island Company has a full-time opening for a Marketing & Press Relations Coordinator, to be based in our Irvine, CA office.
Santa Catalina Island Company operates hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues, tours and activities to create a complete resort experience. Today this dynamic company with 19th century beginnings continues to transform Catalina Island into a premier Southern California resort destination, offering 21st century style and adventure to more than one million visitors every year.
With multiple hotels, restaurants, tours and experiences to support, the marketing department must be very agile and accommodating. As Marketing & PR Coordinator, you’ll be the can-do acrobat who can bend over backwards to make anything and everything happen on time, every time. If a display must be at Pavilion Hotel within the week, you’ll work your magic to make it happen. Because that 32-page Resort Guide needs to be perfect before it goes to print, you’ll be there to catch every misspelled word, misplaced comma and missing period. And when the annual Catalina Wine Mixer comes around, you’ll have every sign, poster and brochure ready to go so everything goes off without a hitch. As for the PR part, you’ll have the opportunity to visit yacht clubs up from Los Angeles to San Diego to promote the Catalina Island experience to members of the boating community. You’ll also be a whiz at coordinating schedules and planning itineraries for the many media that visit Catalina Island.
- Support the execution of the overall marketing and public relations strategies
- Collaborate with key agency partners to ensure optimization of campaigns, integration across mediums and help deliver maximum value through open communication
- Assist with the company’s business partners (including Chamber of Commerce, cross-channel transportation carriers, other Catalina Island hotels and merchants) regarding cooperative advertising and communication opportunities to maximize advertising efficiency, reach and exposure
- Develop relationships to benefit the Two Harbors boating community with organizations such as yacht clubs / associations, marinas and dive shops
- Organize and coordinate media visits to the island ensuring company-wide communication, notification and scheduling
- Coordinate and attend weekly marketing meetings, keeping tabs on all requests and projects
- Assist in distributing collateral and promotions to Catalina Island venues
- Provide administrative support to the marketing department including, but not limited to accounting matters, copying, mailing and filing
- Track, order and disseminate collateral to various departments
- Plan, coordinate and execute special projects and tasks
- Willingness to travel to Catalina Island as needed
- Knowledge of the boating community
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or similar field
- Preferred experience in travel, tourism or luxury brands; OR previous experience at a marketing/PR agency
- Minimum one year of experience working in the field
- Ability to work on many projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present information and ideas clearly
- Detail oriented, organized and a great planner
- A natural collaborator who values feedback and quickly adapts to change
- Self-motivated, responsible team player with an excellent work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
This position offers a competitive salary with health, dental life, 401K match, vacation and sick benefits, along with discounts in company F&B outlets, hotels and activities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
If you want to work for a dynamic, growing Company, please email resume to: jobs @scico.com. Physical address: 150 Metropole Avenue, Avalon, Ca 90704 (Human Resources Department).