POSITION TITLE: IT Support Technician I
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Daily duties include but not limited to support, repair, and implementation of IT hardware and software. Pulling and routing Cat5 or Cat6 cable in new and existing structures. Terminating network jacks, patch panels, 66 or 110 blocks and testing/troubleshooting cable networking issues. Maintain short turnover on daily support tickets.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under general supervision.
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OS systems.
- XP, Win7, Win8, OS X 10.x
- Microsoft office suite support
- XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
- 2-3 years tech support experience in a break-fix environment
- A+ certification preferred
- Familiarity with a variety of tech support concepts, practices, and procedures
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude required
- May require an Associate’s degree or its equivalent
- Available to work weekends/holidays
- Live on Catalina Island during work week available for on call support at night
SKILLS WE EXPECT
- Outgoing (strong interpersonal skills)
- Fantastic troubleshooter
- Excellent communication skills with a great “I.T. bedside manner”
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Good documentation ability
- Desire to learn
- Decent Google-Fu
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Good sense of humor