Monday, January 23, 2017
Entry Level IT Support Technician I
The Santa Catalina Island Company is seeking a full time entry level IT Support Technician to support, repair and implement IT hardware and software. The Santa Catalina Island Company is committed to encouraging and developing our team in a top class environment. We are continuously developing the products and services we offer to increase the standards on this famous Californian Island.
Daily duties include but not limited to support, repair, and implementation of IT hardware and software. Pulling and routing Cat5 or Cat6 cable in new and existing structures. Terminating network jacks, patch panels, 66 or 110 blocks and testing/troubleshooting cable networking issues. Maintain short turnover on daily support tickets.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under general supervision.
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OS systems
- XP, Win7, Win8, Win10 OS X 10.x
- Microsoft office suite support
- XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Outgoing (strong interpersonal skills)
- Fantastic troubleshooter
- Excellent communication skills with a great “I.T. bedside manner”
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Good documentation ability
- Desire to learn
- Decent Google-Fu
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Good sense of humor
- Re-location to Catalina Island required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-3 years tech support experience in a break-fix environment
- A+ certification
- Familiarity with a variety of tech support concepts, practices, and procedures
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude required
- May require an Associate’s degree or its equivalent
- Available to work weekends/holidays
Fluent ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear to clearly communicate with guests and coworkers.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate computer system and office equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This position offers a highly competitive salary with health, dental, life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits along with discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and activity tours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.