REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper
Inspects guest rooms after room attendant leaves to assure that everything is clean and in working order. Is responsible for many light maintenance duties. Maintains effective communications with the front desk concerning room status. Carries out assistant housekeeper responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Performs duties of Executive Housekeeper when said person is not available. Position requires organizational skills, ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals (both guests and fellow employees) and demonstrate a positive and constructive attitude. Work with a variety of different cleaning agents and understand their use. Be able to step in and perform all duties and functions of the housemen and or room attendants when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following, other duties may be assigned.
1. Check vacant rooms first thing in the morning
2. Assigns rooms to maid lists
3. Works with Front Desk to insure accuracy of computer information
4. Inspects made up rooms making sure nothing has been missed
5. Clean rooms in computer
6. Responsible for maintaining air filters for air conditioners
7. Defrosts refrigerators on regular basis
8. Cleans light wall sconces
9. Check smoke detector batteries and replace when needed
10. Maintains amenities inventories and places orders when needed
11. Maintains linen inventories and places orders when needed
12. Polishes chrome surfaces in guest rooms - toilet paper holders, Kleenex boxes, etc.
13. Responsible for laundering hotel wash clothes, hand towels, and rags
14. Reports lost & found items to front desk at end of shift
15. Reports rooms hanging a “Do Not Disturb” sign or guests refusing service to front desk at end of shift
16. Assist in Laundry area as needed
17. Check computer and make sure information is accurate
18. Assists Executive Housekeeper in scheduling of employees
19. Assists Executive Housekeeper in approving and insuring accuracy of timecards
20. Assists Executive Housekeeper in recruiting, selecting, orienting and training of new employees
21. Upon end of day make sure everything is locked and in order
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school education or related experience.
Ability to organize and maintain supplies.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests and the general public. A knowledge of English and Spanish would be helpful.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds and climb stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.