Friday, August 8, 2014
Front Desk Clerk
REPORTS TO: Assistant GM/General Manager
DEPARTMENT: Pavilion and/or Atwater
FUNCTION: Books phone reservations for hotel accommodations and transportation; gives local area; Information; provides customer service and problem solving. Sells tours to hotel guests and general public. Helps coordinate guest activities.
Position requires organizational skills, ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals (both guests and fellow employees) and demonstrate a positive and constructive attitude. Provides excellent customer service on a consistent basis. Must be proficient with Resort Data Processing (a hotel reservation system) and TIX (a sightseeing ticketing and tour seat inventory system) and Microsoft office programs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible to Maintain a professional and positive work environment
2. Comply with all frond desk duties and responsibilities
3. Accommodates any special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints.
4. Provides general and availability information for hotel, campgrounds, tours and transportation.
5. Greet visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable
6. Keeps a professional environment
7. Coordinate transportation and tour arrangements.
8. Books reservations for transportation, tour, special activities, lodging space; including rate and payment information by telephone, fax and mail.
9. Manage the guest’s folio.
10. Posts and refunds payments. Balances shift report with all payments including credit card, cash, check and/or any other type of payment.
11. Ensure reception area is tidy.
12. Coordinate mail flow in and out of office.
13. Cash out people when necessary.
14. Provides local area information to our in-house guests and the general public, as well as requests received by mail and by telephone. Fills information and tour requests received by mail or phone.
15. Does not leave the Front Desk unattended during shift.
16. Checks-in hotel guests including walk-ins and groups.
17. Acts as the Manager On Duty whenever the Front Office Manager may be absent or off-duty
18. Coordinates the service between the guests, housekeeping, and the bell staff.
19. Checks in campers for interior campgrounds, both with advance reservations and walk-ins.
20. Coordinate Amenity delivery with the concierge department.