REPORTS TO: General Manager
Staff the concierge desk of the hotel. Books phone reservations for hotel accommodations and transportation; gives local area information; provides camping information and reservations; provides customer service and problem solving. Sells tours to hotel guests and general public. Helps coordinate guest activities. Plays host. Carries out front desk responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
Position requires organizational skills, ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals (both guests and fellow employees) and demonstrate a positive and constructive attitude. Provides good customer service on a consistent basis. Must be proficient with Resort Data Processing (a hotel reservation system) and Provenue (a sightseeing ticketing and tour seat inventory system). A knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is helpful. Must be able to type.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following, other duties may be assigned.
1. Answers phone
2. Provides general and availability information for hotel, campgrounds, tours and transportation.
3. Coordinate transportation and tour arrangements.
4. Books reservations for transportation, tour, special activities, lodging space; including rate and payment information by telephone, fax and email and regular mail.
5. Posts and refunds payments. Balances shift report with all payments including credit cards.
6. Provides local area information to our in-house guests and the general public, as well as requests received by mail and by telephone. Fills information and tour requests received by mail or phone.
7. Does not leave the Concierge Desk unattended during shift.
8. Checks-in hotel guests including walk-ins and groups.
9. Acts as coordinator between the guests, housekeeping, and the bellstaff.
10. Helps coordinate transportation needs for campers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school education or related experience.
Ability to organize and maintain files, and retrieve information from files.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests and the general public. Knowledge of Spanish would be helpful.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to type. Computer experience necessary. Word and Excel experience helpful. Must be proficient with both RDP and ProVenue (Hotel and Sightseeing softwares).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.