Thursday, February 16, 2017
Graphic Design Intern
Do you live to tell stories with pictures? Can your designs make eyes pop, jaws drop and web surfers stop? Are you able to extract inspiration from a seven word headline? If so, read on!
Santa Catalina Island Company is looking for a graphic design intern who will be based in our Irvine office. We need someone with the PhotoShop chops and Illustrator instincts to help us tell exciting stories about all the amazing things to see and do on Catalina Island.
Santa Catalina Island Company, a resort operator, owns and manages several hotel properties, restaurants, Descanso Beach Club, Island Spa Catalina, Zip Line Eco Tour and two dozen other activities and experiences, and the West End village of Two Harbors.
This temporary internship position is flexible with 12 – 30 hours weekly available from now through August 2017. Salary of $12.00 per hour.
- Assist with art design and copy layout for print collateral, digital communications, magazines/newspapers, signage, etc.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and arrange layouts based on available space
- Adhere to and maintain company brand standards
- Research new, innovative vendors to help control costs (e.g. printers)
- Assist with special projects as requested
- Ability to travel to Catalina Island as needed
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photo Shop, InDesign and Acrobat)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Strong visual, verbal and written communicator
- Understands style guidelines, design process and creative workflow
- Knows principles of graphic design, layout and typography
- Ability to code emails using HTML
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Experience (real world or classwork) designing advertisements, posters/flyers, postcards, promotional materials, signage, logos, direct mail, brochures, and other identity graphics
- This position is ideal for a current student or recent graduate
- Ability to work quickly and flawlessly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A natural collaborator who values feedback
- Awesome examples of design work (please submit link to online portfolio of PDF of work with application)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
If you want to work for a dynamic, growing Company, please email resume to: jobs @scico.com. Physical address: 150 Metropole Avenue, Avalon, CA 90704 (Human Resources Department).