REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
POSITION SCOPE: 40 hours per week including weekends and evenings when appropriate.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Works independently to perform a variety of professional activities in support of Group Sales Department.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform Sales projects such as familiarization trip management, local sales blitz, in market event coordination, and various other sales projects as warranted.
- Administrative support of VP Sales, Group Sales Managers, Catering Sales Manager and Group Services Manager.
- Administrative support of sales managers and catering managers
- Update and maintain current database.
- Generate and provide reports to insure integrity of database.
- Participate in coordination of special events, promotions and communication efforts.
- Communicate in a sophisticated and professional manner with all clients and staff.
- Act as resource for Outbound Call Advisors regarding questions and clarifications of group issues.
- Follow up on specific VIP requests from clients.
- Create and manage daily, weekly and monthly sales reports and activity summaries.
- Serve as primary point of contact for reservations department.
- Interface with clients to answer questions or assist staff with communications between resort and clientele.
- Issue proposals and contracts to clients at direction of Social Group Sales Manager, Group Sales Manager and Group Services Manager and VP of Sales.
- Serve as sales database manager to insure consistency of account information and instruct fellow staff members on accurate input of data.
- Work with marketing staff to assist in completing sales related brochures, promotional campaigns, direct mail, e-blast communications and social media solicitation.
- Interact primarily via telephone with clientele to answer questions, clarify promotional requirements and special arrangements to include but not limited to FAM trips, site visits etc.
- Manage VIP arrangements for on-property site visits.
- Assist sales team in coordinating in-market sales trips.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, Tourism Development or a related field is desirable.
- 2 years work experience related to hospitality industry desired.
- Hospitality/ tourism industry experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports documenting sales related activities.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management to effectively convey ideas in both verbal and written format
- Ability to project a positive and professional demeanor and approach, reflective of SCICO’s image and values
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous follow-up
- Ability to elicit buy-in and cooperation of others
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time and for operating assigned office equipment
- Ability for appropriate decision-making and problem-solving, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience
- Flexibility and adaptability to effectively handle stress and matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment
- Exceptional computer skills, with intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of OPERA Property Management System is desirable.