Santa Catalina Island Resort Services
POSITION: Banquet Manager
FUNCTION: Food & Beverage
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Santa Catalina Island, California
About the Company:
At Santa Catalina Island Resort Services, we are committed to encouraging and developing our team in a top class environment. We are developing the products and services we offer and increasing the standards on this famous Californian island.
Banquets Department is a large part of the overall F&B of the company due to the outstanding sort after venues on offer. From beach side weddings to sit down dinners for up to a thousand in our ballroom, the variety of venues is huge. Apart from our beautiful outdoor locations, we also have a twelve-story casino building which includes a spectacular ball room with the largest circular dance floor in the USA along with a huge art décor theatre. Set into the picturesque hillside we have our Country Club which boasts a beautiful dining room with open fire, historic bar and beautiful courtyard.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated banquet manager for this busy evolving department. The main purpose of this role is to plan, oversee and direct the seamless running of this highly diverse banquet operation. You will also ensure that efficient and effective service is consistently delivered in a warm and hospitable manner. You will be expected to work with the culinary division and the sales division while supporting the F&B Management with their P&L responsibility for the department, ensuring sales are maximized, margin and profit targets are achieved and statutory requirements are met. Training seasonal employees and ensuring standards are followed is imperative with this management position.
• Ensure maximum revenue is achieved from all sales opportunities and profit is maximized.
• Assist in setting annual budgets and adhere to them.
• Monitor weekly food, beverage and wage costs.
• To oversee the recruitment of new employees.
• Ensure that effective training is conducted within the department.
• Support and give guidance to the rest of the outlet’s management team and staff.
• Conduct disciplinary hearings when required.
• Approve all weekly departmental schedules.
• Responsible for all health and safety within the outlet and ensure the Company H&S policy is adhered to at all times.
• Responsible for all risk assessments within the outlet.
• Ensure that the team is aware of their responsibility in respect of prevention and action in the event of fire in accordance with the department’s fire plan and current legislation.
• Be fully conversant with current legislation and licensing laws ensuring that this is communicated throughout the outlet.
• Ensure that the team has excellent product knowledge and are able to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Assist in completing the required daily & weekly reports.
• Participate in regular food tastings and in conjunction with the Head Chef ensure that the food offer is of a consistently high standard.
• Ensure that regular in-house training is offered to all staff on the products on offer throughout the company.
• Help to recruit, lead, motivate and retain their team.
• Any ad hoc duties as directed by the Director of F&B.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a total of 5 years experience in Food & Beverage where 2 years of it will be in a management role in a quality high volume Food and Beverage Operation or Hotel. You must also have a proven track record in working your way up to the current position.
It is also essential that you have strong administration and management skills, has the ability to up sell and train colleagues, very hands on and supportive in achieving the common team goals.
You must be well versed in financial aspects and knowledgeable in Micros Point of Sale system.
A diploma or degree in hotel management or business is desirable along with international travel experience.
This position offers a highly competitive salary with health, dental, life, 401K Match, vacation and sick benefits along with discounts in F&B outlets in the company and discounted hotel rooms and free activity