Important Rules To Remember
- All mooring assignments are made at the harbor entrance.
- 5 MPH speed limit or wakeless in all moorage and anchorage areas.
- 14’ maximum limit at all dinghy docks.
- Anchorage responsibility outside of Avalon Bay is left to the discretion of each and every boat operator.
- Avalon Harbor Dept. monitors VHF 16 & 12.
- Avalon Shoreboat service monitors VHF 9.
Harbor Procedures & Regulations
- All moorings are on a first-come, first-serve
basis. Upon arrival, please stand by the harbor
entrance for mooring assignment from a patrol
boat. No mooring work is done over VHF.
- On the day of departure, moorings must be
vacated by 9:00 am.
- Avalon is a NO DISCHARGE area. No
sewage may be discharged whether treated or
untreated. This law is strictly enforced.
- Service boats will make daily trash pick-ups
free of charge twice daily during the summer
months and on weekends in winter months.
Plastic trash bags may be obtained from the
service boat or Harbor Master’s office.
- To ensure a peaceful coexistence, all generators
must be secured at 10:00 pm nightly and not
be started before 7:00 am.
- The mooring you are assigned is not guaranteed.
You may have to relocate daily. If you are
required to relocate, a patrol boat will contact
you between 7:30 am – 9:00 am the day you
are required to move.
- It is illegal to leave Avalon and leave your
- Anchorage is located west of the red jetty light.
You must anchor at least 300’ away from any
dive park or mooring can. Plan on a depth of
80’–100’. This area is not patrolled and you
anchor at your own risk.
- Water on the island is precious and
conservation will be appreciated.
- All floats, with exception of the Shore-boat
Float, may be used for loading and unloading.
Time on float is limited to 10 minutes only.
No vessel may be left on a float unattended.
- There is a fine for an opened container of
alcohol on the streets of Avalon. (This includes
the Pier and floats.)
Avalon Harbor Department - 24 hour service
VHF Channel 12 & 16. (310) 510-0535
Avalon Boat Stand: (310) 510-0455
LA County Sheriff's Department: (310) 510-0174
ALL Emergency Services: Dial 911